Wednesday, 23 March 2011
A daffodil for springtime
It looks like spring has finally begun, and in this part of the world the daffodils are opening. Here's a quick guide to creating your own daffodil to celebrate!
You will need:
Yellow, orange or white felt
Needle and thread
A safety pin
1. Cut a semi-circle from your chosen colour of felt. Cut notches into the outside edge of the circle. Curl the semi-circle into a cone and sew together where the edges meet.
2. Cut a circle from felt and fold and cut as shown to divide the circle into six petals.
3. Shape each petal as shown.
4. Push the button into the cone and the cone onto middle of the petals. Sew the button in place through all layers to bind everything together.
5. Sew a safety pin onto the back and wear with pride!