Crafty Blogs

Saturday 19 January 2013

23 Questions

Life been pretty quiet since Christmas, I've just been catching up on some old craft projects, applying for jobs and putting together the next issue of Cassiopeia. There are plenty of tutorials coming including more plastic bag crafts and a guide to making a celebration quilt, but in the mean time here's a little more about me, courtesy of the lovely Make do and Mend

1. Do you have a middle name?
I didn't used to, by which I mean I wasn't given one when I was born, so I always felt a little left out. When I got married I decided to take my maiden name as my middle name. My husband's middle name is a surname, so it just seemed to fit!

2. What is your favourite drink?
Tea, hands down.

3. Who is your all time favourite musician/band?
The Magnetic Fields. If you haven't heard of them check them out here. Funny, dark, lyrically brilliant.

4. What is your job?
I don't have one at the moment (hence the job applications) but I'm hoping to get a job in marketing or copywriting.

5. What is your dream job?
What I do now, only being paid for it! I love editing and writing and I'd love to be a professional writer.

6. What is your favourite song at the moment?
The new gypsy style reworking of 'The Beginning of the Twist' by The Futureheads. I challenge anyone not to dance when this is playing!

7. What would you name your kids or next pets?
There are loads of girls' names I love, flower names like Poppy and Daisy, or cute names like Maisy and Milly. Boys' names I have no idea about!

8. Do you participate in any sports, if so which?
I like swimming, but I'm not competitive at all.

9. Favourite book?
Milan Kundera's 'Immortality', with Italo Calvino's 'Invisible Cities' coming a close second.

10. Favourite colour?
Red

11. Favourite animal?
The red panda. I also love foxes, owls and reindeer.

12. Favourite holiday?
Our honeymoon to the Isles of Scilly. I hope we'll go back some day!

13. Where would you like to go on holiday?
Canada to visit friends or Japan to do touristy things (like the Ghibli museum)

14. What countries have you visited?
Ireland, Spain, Germany, Austria, Beguim, The Netherlands, Swizerland, The Czech Republic, Italy, Greece and China.

15. Do you speak any other languages?
Shamefully no.

16. Do you have siblings?
One brother.

17. What is your favourite shop?
Haberdasheries or comic book shops.

18. Favourite restaurant – what do you order?
Sushi restaurants - inari nigiri (tofu pockets)

19. Did you like school, what was your favourite subject?
I loved school and was the archetypal teacher's pet. English was by far my favourite subject and still is.

20. Favourite blogger?
I love my friends' blogs best, Dreyma, Eminance Graisse I'm thinking of you.

21. Favourite movie?
For relaxation probably 'Funny Face' or 'Harvey'. For brain food 'The Fountain'.

22. Favourite TV show?
Adventure Time!

23. What is most valuable piece of advice you have ever been given?
Be the change you want to see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment